The situation on the map
Contributions are temporarily disabled in this live stream.
- Tensions between Volodymyr Zelensky and Emmanuel Macron. The Ukrainian president told the Italian channel Ray that his French counterpart was striving to dialogue with Moscow. ” We must not look for a way out for Russia, and Macron is doing it in vain. before adding “I know he wanted to get results in the mediation between Russia and Ukraine, but he didn’t get any “. The Elysée reacted: The President of the Republic has never discussed anything with Vladimir Putin without the agreement of President Zelensky”
- In a Facebook post, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said this morning that his country ” [entrait] in a new and long phase of the war”. To prepare for it, kyiv plans to increase its production capacity for military equipment, and to be able to arm one million citizens.
- The European Union will provide additional military assistance of 500 million euros to Ukraine to help defend it against the Russian invasion, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said.
- According to Ukrainian Finance Minister Sergii Marchenko, the Ukrainian Armed Forces have spent the equivalent of $8.3 billion, or 245.1 billion hryvnia, the country’s currency, since the start of the war. Another financial consequence of the conflict, the government was only able to collect 60% of the taxes expected for the month of April. The minister said that Ukraine urgently needs foreign aid.
- Russia to suspend electricity deliveries to Finland from this Saturday, May 14, 2022due to alleged “unpaid”. Tension is rising between Moscow and Helsinki, which has announced its desire to join ” without delay “ to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) under the influence of the Russian offensive in Ukraine. An intention seen with a very bad eye by Moscow, which has already threatened a response “military-technical”. The Finnish electricity network operator has assured that it can do without power imports from Russia
- A separatist region of Georgia is going to hold a referendum on integration with Russia. The authorities of the pro-Russian Georgian separatist region of South Ossetia announced on Friday evening that they will organize a referendum on July 17 on integration into Russia. the ” President “ Anatoly Bibilov “signed a decree on holding a referendum in the Republic of South Ossetia”said his services in a press release, referring to “historical aspiration” of the inhabitants of this Georgian region to join Russia, of which it is bordering.
- This Thursday, the UN Human Rights Council approved by a very large majority the opening of an investigation into the atrocities blamed on the Russian occupation troops. The resolution calls for the UN’s international commission on Ukraine to carry out a ” investigation “ on the serious human rights violations committed in the Kyiv, Chernihiv, Kharkiv and Sumy regions at the end of February and March 2022, “to hold those responsible to account”.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. Transnistria, a flammable pro-Russian enclave
Decryptions. In Kaluga, Russia, autoworkers feel the wind of sanctions coming
Critical. “Lover’s dictionary of Ukraine”: the Ukrainian soul from A to Z
Grandstand. Pierre Buhler: “The Russian national interest is better served by the absence of rules than by the security order erected in 1945”
Maintenance. Alberto Fernandez: “Sanctions don’t only have effects in Russia”
Report. In the south of Moldova, a wine estate in the turmoil of the war in Ukraine
Analysis. The ambiguities of Pope Francis on the war in Ukraine
In images, in pictures. With the Azov regiment in the Azovstal factory
Find our live yesterday on this link.